What information GoToddler.com.au collect. How and why we collect it
How do we use your information?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a competition, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
GT staff that will have access to your personal information after it is collected will include GT Administrative and Warehouse personnel. GT staff authorised to access your personal information are trained in compliance with the Act and have access only to carry out the primary purposes specified above.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
How do we protect visitor information?
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a competition, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- Please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
GT has security systems for protecting your personal information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This is done using information technology security systems, strictly monitored internal staff access controls, ongoing staff privacy training and privacy audits. GT also has established procedures for identifying and reporting privacy breaches and for receiving and responding to complaints and inquiries.Do we use "cookies"?
Your personal information is stored and secured using our third party data storage provider
We may also contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
The following outside party recipients may have access to your personal information for the primary purposes noted above:
• Mailing and delivery system providers such as couriers and Australia Post.
• Email & newsletter service providers
• Independent reviewing platform providers
• Drop ship suppliers
• Marketing affiliates
• Maintenance and repair service providers
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include eTail Ventures. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
We may also use your personal information for the secondary purpose of sending you offers to purchase further products or to inform you about competitions that GT may conduct. Any offers sent to you by GT will contain a clear and easy-to-read "opt-out" button which you can use to stop GT from sending you such offers in the future.
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by opting out from email GoToddler distribution - Click here.
Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
Customers can gain access to or seek the correction of the personal information that GT holds. GT customers have a right to make a reasonable request for access to their personal information and to request its correction. Requests to access or seek to correct your personal information can be made by email to the Privacy Officer at email@example.com or by contacting our Privacy Officer on 02 9905 6380. When we receive such a request, we have the right to ask for and obtain your position title, telephone number and email address in order for you to access and correct personal information
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
A person can deal with GT by not identifying themselves or using a pseudonym. The circumstances under which a customer can use only a pseudonym are: (a) Placing a review or providing feedback on a review (b) Submitting a support request not order or account related Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).Overseas disclosures
We may need (or be required) to disclose your personal information to an overseas entity only to the extent to which such disclosure is required to enable us to carry out the primary purpose of processing, fulfilling or the post purchase support of your order. We do not record and therefore will never disclose any financial information such as credit card or bank account details to any overseas entity.
GT may transfer your personal information to an overseas recipient in circumstances where:
• The business service provider is located overseas
• We are required to comply with a foreign legal or regulatory request
• You have ordered a product provided directly by an International supplier - a Direct Import product.
This may mean that your information is stored on a server located outside of Australia. Any such disclosures will be to providers located in the USA and Asia Pacific (including but not limited to Hong Kong, China and Sri Lanka)
While all care is taken to ensure our overseas providers will handle your information securely, by consenting to this disclosure you acknowledge that:
• Overseas recipients may not have the same privacy obligations provided by the APP's and therefore redress options may differ or not be available to you.
• Overseas recipients may be subject to foreign laws that require disclosure to an overseas authority.
• GT will not be held accountable for any breaches of the APP's by an overseas recipient nor will any redress options apply under the Privacy Act.
Disclosure of personal information to an overseas recipient as required or authorised by law
GT may disclose personal information to an overseas recipient without complying with the APPs where the disclosure is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order. Examples of where a law or order may require or authorise disclosure of personal information to an overseas recipient are:
• GT disclosing personal information to the government of a foreign country under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth); or
• GT disclosing personal information to an overseas recipient under the Australian Federal Police Act 1979 or the Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters Act 1987 (Cth).
Length of time Personal Information is retained
GT will keep and retain your personal information for a period of 10 years, or such other period of time as is required by Law.
Consequences for you if your personal information is not provided to us
If some or all of the personal information that we request is not provided to us, the main consequence is that we may not be able to fulfil your order or to deliver your products to you. Other consequences may include that we might not be able to resolve any complaint you have against GT.
Using and disclosing personal information for direct marketing
GT may use or disclose personal information about you for the purpose of direct marketing if:
• GT collected the information from you;
• you would reasonably expect GT to use or disclose the information for that purpose;
• GT provides you with an option to 'opt-out' of receiving direct marketing communications from us, and
• you have not made such an 'opt-out' request to us.
Requests by you to stop direct marketing communications
If GT uses or discloses your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing, you may request not to receive direct marketing communications from us. GT will not charge you for making or giving effect to your data and we will stop sending direct marketing communications within a reasonable period after your request is made (usually within 5 working days from receiving your request).
You may also ask us to identify the source of the personal information. GT will notify you of the source, unless this is impracticable or unreasonable, which will depend on a number of factors, including:
• the consequences for you if you are not notified of the source;
• the length of time that has elapsed since the personal information was collected by us;
• the time and cost involved.
Destroying or de-identifying personal information
GT will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information it holds if it no longer needs the information for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed under the APPs. The requirement to take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify does not apply if personal information is contained in a Commonwealth record, or if an Australian law or a court/tribunal order requires it to be retained.
Verifying your identity
GT must be satisfied that a request for personal information made by the individual concerned, or by another person who is authorised to make a request on their behalf, for example, as a legal guardian or authorised agent. It would generally be extremely difficult for GT to deal with an anonymous request for personal information. However, it may be practicable to deal with a pseudonymous request, for example, where you have previously transacted under that pseudonym and can establish your identity as that individual. The steps required for GT to verify your identity will depend on the circumstances. In particular, whether you are already known to or readily identifiable by GT. The minimum amount of personal information needed to establish your identity will be sought. In a telephone call GT may request information that can be checked against records held by us, such as your date of birth or address.
Refusal to give Access
Whilst every effort will be made by GT to provide access in a manner that is as prompt, uncomplicated and inexpensive as possible, GT may refuse to give you access to your personal information. There are a number of grounds upon which GT can refuse to give you access to your personal information. These reasons may include (without limitation):
• if GT reasonably believes that giving access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or public safety;
• giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals;
• the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
• the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and GT, and would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings;
• giving access would reveal the intentions of GT in relation to negotiations with you in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations;
• giving access would be unlawful;
• denying access is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order;
• GT has reason to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to GT's functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in and giving access would be likely to prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to the matter;
• giving access would be likely to prejudice one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body; or
• giving access would reveal evaluative information generated within GT in connection with a commercially sensitive decision making process.
Changes to our policy
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
An individual can complain about an alleged breach by GT of the APPs by sending an email to the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org setting out details of the complaint. Alternatively, the Privacy Officer can be contacted by telephoning 02 9905 6380 or by sending a letter with details of your complaint to:
The Privacy Officer
U2/ 34 Roger Street
Brookvale NSW 2100
All complaints are required by the Act to be made in writing to GT and GT is then allowed a reasonable time (usually 30 days) to respond to complaints. We may ask you to participate in a dispute resolution scheme (such as mediation) in order to resolve your complaint. If you refuse to participate in any form of dispute resolution, you can take your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) by calling 1300 363 992 or logging on to the OAIC website at: http://www.oaic.gov.au/
Online Policy Only
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions
section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.Your consent